GUB Center for Language
GUB Centre for Language is a dynamic periphery under the Department of English which plays a vital role in developing language competencies among the learners. Multilingual capacity is the increasing of the modernity. This center fosters to develop multilingual capability, communicative competence, conversational & interlocutory ability, formal writing for academic & professional purposes and usages of functional language in different context. This center emphasizes the learner-centered participatory teaching, development of English Language Skills, (Reading, Writing, Speaking & listening), active group discussion strategies in the target language and the development of innovative & analytical abilities of the learners. This center always strives to develop the learners’ accurate & standard pronunciation with fluency and formal writing capability for the respective purpose.
The mission of this center is to eliminate the learners’ phobia on English Language. This is our prime responsibility to build the learners so that the can utilize English Language with great confidence and fluency.
The salient goal of this center is to assist the learners with a view to developing English Language Skills for success in their academic, professional and personal life. Progress of English Language Skills, grammatical competency and enrichment of vocabularies are emphasized to extract from learners’ outcome. The core objective is to facilitate learners – centered active participation with a view to fulfilling their purposes.
Name of the Course:
English Skills Development Course
English Skills Development Course is structured with the duration of four months.
Learners are provided four hours of teaching per week. Duration of per class is two hours and two classes is held each week. Course Completion After completing the course successfully, each of the learners is awarded the Certificate of Course Completion.
Those learners are eligible to get admitted to into this course who have completed SSC Examination (Minimum Requirement).
- Enhancing effective and efficient communication in reading, writing, speaking and listening. 2. Enhancing the learners’ active vocabularies.
- Improving formal and standard writing.
- Developing argumentative and comparative essay writing.
- Giving emphasis on formal letter and application writing.
- Enhancing the aptness of extempore presentation and inspirational speech.
- Developing conversational and interlocutory skills
- Developing the ability of amplifying the witty statements.
- Developing spoken fluency and formal presentation skills.
- Promoting the speed reading with accuracy.
- Progressing the ability of reading English Newspapers (National & International).
- Ensuring the learners’ accurate and standard pronunciation.
- Accelerating the learners’ ability of creative & critical thinking and analytical & acumen reasoning in the target language.
- To improve the ability to use functional language in different contexts.
- To develop effective group discussion strategies.
|9||Expert||Fluent speaker/ full comprehension/ users language naturally|
|8||Very Good||Fluent with only minor occasional errors|
|7||Good||Fluent with some errors including grammatical errors|
|6||Competent||Some fluency shown may lose coherence/ may make frequent mistakes|
|5||Moderate||Uses repetition and speech is slow / limited knowledge / comprehension problems|
Mohammad Emamul Islam
Head of the Department
Department of English